Nc Board Sheds New Light On Boone Motel Deaths – Wbtv 3 News, Weather, Sports, And Traffic For Charlotte, Nc

Updated: Monday, August 25 2014 6:51 AM EDT2014-08-25 10:51:54 GMT A Greenville County sheriff’s deputy has been placed on administrative leave after he was seen forcefully subduing a man inside an Upstate Walmart on Saturday, according to Master Deputy Jonathan Smith. Updated: Thursday, August 21 2014 8:28 PM EDT2014-08-22 00:28:43 GMT Investigators said that Skorman “was prescribing very strong narcotics in excessive dosages to people with little or no need for the drugs.” More >> Investigators said that Skorman “was prescribing very strong narcotics in excessive dosages to people with little or no need for the drugs.” More >> CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – A board deciding whether to suspend or revoke the license of a contractor has shed new light on errors that led to three people dying from carbon monoxide poisoning in the same Boone motel room. The Charlotte Observer reported that the State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating & Fire Sprinkler Contractors heard the case in May and decided to suspend Dale Winkler’s license for at least a year. He is appealing. Former motel manager Damon Mallatere asked Winkler to inspect for gas leaks or a stopped up exhaust pipe after two people died in a room at the Best Western in Boone in April 2013. Winkler found nothing, and a third person died in the room a month later.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.wbtv.com/story/26360839/nc-board-sheds-new-light-on-boone-motel-deaths